The bracket and matchups have been revealed for the PK85 Invitational, the multi-team event the Gonzaga Bulldogs are partaking in, happening over Thanksgiving weekend in Portland, Oregon.
The powers to be are dead set on a high profile Gonzaga vs. other opponent, with the Zags drawing the Portland State Vikings in the first round of the tournament.
The Zags, understandably for the west coast fans, are the late night team on Nov. 24, with the game set to start at a lovely 9:30 pm PT, enough hours after Thanksgiving dinner for a requisite post-turkey nap.
Gonzaga will then play the winner of Purdue and West Virginia, and, if they win will head off to face what most likely seems to be Duke in the championship game.
Here is the schedule and times for each of the games in Gonzaga’s bracket (all times listed in PT):
First Round: Thursday, Nov. 24, Veterans Memorial Coliseum
- 12:00 pm: Duke vs. Oregon State, ESPN
- 2:30 pm: Florida vs. Xavier, ESPN2
- 7:00 pm: Purdue vs. West Virginia, ESPN2
- 9:30 pm: Gonzaga vs. Portland State, ESPN
Semifinals: Friday, Nov. 25, Moda Center
- 12:00 pm: Winner of Duke/Oregon State vs. Florida/Xavier, ESPN
- 2:30 pm: Loser of Duke/Oregon State vs. Florida/Xavier, ESPN2 or ESPNU
- 7:00 pm: Loser of Purdue/West Virginia vs. Gonzaga/Portland State, ESPN2 or ESPNU
- 9:30 pm: Winner of Gonzaga/Portland State vs. Purdue/West Virginia, ESPN or ESPN2
Championship and other games, Sunday, Nov. 27
- 12:30 pm: Championship game, ABC, Moda Center
- 4:30 pm: Third-place game, ESPN, Veteran’s Memorial Coliseum
- TBD: Fifth-place game, TBD, Chiles Center
- TBD: Seventh-place game, TBD, Chiles Center