The Gonzaga Bulldogs women’s basketball team has been picked to finish first in the WCC in preseason polls. Kayleigh Truong, Kaylynne Truong, and Yvonne Ejim also all earned Preseason All-WCC Team honors.
It is the first preseason nod for both Truong twins and Ejim, and with Gonzaga leading the preseason All-WCC team with three players, is a large reason the Zags are overwhelmingly favored to win the conference.
Ejim is the returning WCC Sixth Woman of the Year. She also received All-WCC Second Team honors last season, in which she scored 10.1 points and grabbed 5.6 rebounds per game. Kayleigh Truong was named to the All-WCC First Team last season.
Here is the WCC preseason poll followed by the Preseason All-WCC Team. The Zags will take the court for the first time this season on Saturday, Oct. 15, at the Numerica Fan Fest.
- Gonzaga (9), 81
- Portland (1), 71
- BYU, 55
- San Francisco, 54
- Saint Mary’s, 47
- San Diego, 46
- LMU, 39
- Santa Clara, 29
- Pacific, 17
- Pepperdine, 11
Preseason All-WCC Team
- Haylee Andrews, senior, Portland
- Ali Bamberger, junior, Saint Mary’s
- Yvonne Ejim, junior, Gonzaga
- Alex Fowler, junior, Porland
- Lauren Gustin, junior, BYU
- Ariel Johnson, senior, LMU
- Ioanna Krimili, junior, San Francisco
- Myah Pace, senior, San Diego
- Kayleigh Truong, senior, Gonzaga
- Kaylynne Truong, senior, Gonzaga