The NBA Summer League “regular” season will conclude tomorrow, providing just a few more opportunities to watch Gonzaga grads make their mark for their squads. Let’s round up yesterday’s performances.
Joel Ayayi: 23 minutes, 7 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 turnover
After only attempting three field-goals in his previous outing, Ayayi was a bit more demanding on the offensive end, attempting nine shots. Unfortunately, he only made three of those buckets, but he demonstrated his value in other ways, namely the six rebounds. Ayayi was one of the best rebounders on Gonzaga last season, and arguably one of the better rebounding guards in all of college hoops last year, so it was nice to see him doing those Ayayi things. On an evening when virtually all of the Lakers struggled, AYayi’s +/- of -1 ranked the fifth best on the team.
Filip Petrusev: 17 minutes, 2 points, 1 rebound, 3 blocks
It was an up and down game for Petrusev, who just could not get his offensive motor humming in any way. Petrusev shot an uncharacteristic 1-for-7 from the floor, did not attempt a three, and only managed to find one rebound. His three blocks demonstrated some rim protection, which is nice, but he finished the game with 17 minutes, the lowest of the five starters, and was hampered by foul trouble throughout.
Ryan Woolridge: 13 minutes, 0 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist
Woolridge had a quality game yesterday and was rewarded with a few more minutes. Unfortunately, like the rest of the Thunder, he wasn’t able to do much with them. OKC lost to the Pacers 95-61, and Woolridge was not able to find much in the way of anything. The rebounding totals are nice, but he didn’t attempt a single field-goal and it was impossible to buy an assist considering the Thunder shot 30.9 percent from the floor as a team.
- Dallas Mavericks vs. Sacramento Kings (Johnathan Williams III), 12:00 pm PT, ESPN2
- Milwaukee Bucks vs. Washington Wizards (Corey Kispert), 1:00 pm PT, ESPN3
- Brooklyn Nets vs. San Antonio Spurs (Zach Norvell), 3:00 pm PT, ESPN3
- Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Philadelphis 7634s (Filip Petrusev), 4:00 pm PT, ESPN2
- Houston Rockets vs. Orlando Magic (Jalen Suggs - injured), 5:00 pm PT, ESPN3
- Chicago Bulls vs. Memphis Grizzlies (Killian Tillie - possibly injured), 7:00 pm PT, ESPN3