Incoming Gonzaga Bulldogs freshman Chet Holmgren was one of 12 players named to the Team USA U19 roster. He will attempt to help lead Team USA to a championship during the 2021 FIBA U19 World Cup, happening July 3-11.
The team is practicing through Monday and then will travel to Riga, Latvia.
The USA was drawn into Group D, alongside Australia, Mali, and Turkey. Team USA opens play against Turkey on July 3, followed by Mali on July 4. The latter game will be a chance to see Holmgren match up against former Zag Oumar Ballo, who will anchor Mali in the post.
Expectations are high for Team USA, who are the reigning FIBA U19 Gold Medalists and have won four of the last six tournaments.
Here is the entire list of players on the roster:
- Patrick Baldwin Jr. (Hamilton H.S./Sussex, Wis.)
- Kennedy Chandler (Sunrise Christian Academy, Kan./Memphis, Tenn.)
- Jonathan Davis (Wisconsin/La Crosse, Wis.)
- Caleb Furst (Blackhawk Christian School/Fort Wayne, Ind.)
- Chet Holmgren (Minnehaha Academy/Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Harrison Ingram (St. Mark’s School/Dallas, Texas)
- Jaden Ivey (Purdue/South Bend, Ind.)
- Ryan Kalkbrenner (Creighton/St. Louis, Mo.)
- Kenneth Lofton Jr. (Louisiana Tech/Port Arthur, Texas)
- Mike Miles (TCU/Lancaster, Texas)
- Adam Miller (Louisiana State/Chicago, Ill.)
- Peyton Watson (Long Beach Poly Tech H.S./Long Beach, Calif)