Gonzaga Bulldogs big dudes Chet Holmgren and Drew Timme both landed on the National Association of Basketball Coaches preseason player of the year watch list.
Timme was named a preseason All-American First Team earlier this month. He is largely considered to be the favorite for the overall player of the year award this season. Last season, he was named a Second-Team All-American.
Holmgren comes with plenty of his own hype despite his limited time in a Gonzaga uniform. The No. 1 recruit was named the Gatorade National Player of the Year, Naismith Prep Player of the Year, and a McDonald’s All-American after his senior year at Minnehaha Academy, in which he averaged 21 points and 12.3 rebounds per game.
The two combine for probably the best frontcourt in college basketball and a big reason why Gonzaga is the preseason No. 1 team.
Here is the rest of the NABC Player of the Year Watch List
- Max Abmas, Oral Roberts, junior
- Ochai Agbaji, Kansas, senior
- Paolo Banchero, Duke, freshman
- Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse, senior
- Marcus Carr, Texas, senior
- Julian Champagnie, St. John’s, junior
- Kofi Cockburn, Illinois, junior
- Hunter Dickinson, Michigan, sophomore
- Colin Gillespie, Villanova, senior
- Chet Holmgren, Gonzaga, freshman
- Jaden Ivey, Purdue, sophomore
- Trayce Jackson, Davis, Indiana, junior
- Jaime Jaquez Jr., UCLA, junior
- Johnny Juzang, UCLA, junior
- E.J. Liddel, Ohio State, junior
- Remy Martin, Kansas, senior
- Scotty Pippin Jr. Vanderbilt, junior
- Jahvon Quinerly, Alabama, junior, Drew Timme, Gonzaga, junior
- Trevion Williams, Purdue, senior