March is herrreeeeeeee!! At long last, we’ve finally arrived at the best part of the college basketball season. Conference tournaments are gearing up, and Selection Sunday is just over a week away. Here’s what we have on tap for the week in all things Gonzaga:
- Over at the mothership, Mike Rutherford highlights the five best potential conference title games we could see over the next week, and coming in at #1 is a rematch between Gonzaga and BYU. I think both fan bases will agree that a tiebreaker for season supremacy is very necessary.
- Gonzaga remains at #2 in both the AP Poll and Mid-Major Madness’s top 25 rankings, a spot below Dayton and national player of the year candidate Obi Toppin.
- Jackson Frank captures the sights and sounds from a very special Senior Night in The Kennel. The warm-up to Senior Night was Adam Morrison night, and Frank put together a great write-up of that event as well, highlighting the bond between Morrison and the Spokane community.
- Despite the loss at Gonzaga on Saturday night, it looks like Saint Mary’s is on the right side of the bubble which will make the WCC a three-bid conference this year. Lunardi has Gonzaga and BYU as 1 and 6 seeds in the West region, respectively, while SMC is on the 8-line in the East. SB Nation’s Chris Dobbertean has Gonzaga at 1, BYU at 5, and SMC as a 9.
- ESPN’s college basketball writers discuss what this season’s dominance from Dayton, SDSU, and Gonzaga says about the college basketball landscape.