Gonzaga basketball is back in full swing, with the games being played in bunches now. While you’re catching your breath in between contests, however, take a look below at what’s being written and said about the Zags this week.
- The fantastic Dana O’Neil dubbed Gonzaga “the perfect team for an imperfect season,” and if her recent piece on the Zags doesn’t get you hyped about this team then nothing will.
- While you’re reading O’Neil’s work, check out her feature on Jalen Suggs. As the kids say, Jalen’s different.
- Zach Pekale of NCAA.com highlighted the impact of Jalen Suggs and Joel Ayayi in his takeaways from Gonzaga’s win over Iowa last weekend.
- Matt Norlander debuted his “Hey Nineteen” Power Rankings over at CBS Sports and, unsurprisingly, has Gonzaga in the top spot calling the Zags the best team with the best trio of wins this season. Can’t argue with that.
- The Zags stay at the top of Jeff Borzello’s Power Rankings as well, who muses that if a two-week layoff couldn’t derail the Zags against the No. 3 team in the country, there might not be anything that will this year.
- Andy Katz picked the Zags over Virginia in a game that will feature a stark contrast of styles.
- In case you missed it, Larry Owens and Drew Timme had some fun with Timme’s ‘stache celebration, and in the process captured the adoration of Gonzaga twitter.
- Przemek Karnowski and Rem Bakamus hopped on the Field of 68 podcast with Dan Dickau to talk about their Zag hoops days, and a juicy conspiracy theory from their Senior Night! I miss those guys.
- Gonzaga appears to be the favorite for Top-20 2021 recruit Hunter Sallis. He would be a great addition to a strong class that could get even better depending on what a certain 7-footer from Minnesota decides.