Another week of hoops, another week with Gonzaga atop the AP Poll. Here’s what’s on tap for the week:
- Graham Hays put together an awesome profile of the Wirth twins for espnW. Jenn and LeeAnne have used their competitive drive, and their special bond, to push each other and their teams to success everywhere they’ve been.
- We’ve reached the point in the season where coaching rumors begin to take off, which means the annual list of coaches to keep an eye on to fill the inevitable vacant seats that become available. Those lists would be incomplete without Tommy Lloyd’s name, and Seth Davis makes sure to include him in his recent article for The Athletic, despite Lloyd never taking an interview for a head coaching gig (at least that we know about it). Randy Bennett is also mentioned in the list as someone who could be biding their time for the right west coast job to open up.
- Although Selection Sunday is still two months away, Bubble Watch mania is creeping in. Gonzaga will be comfortably into the tournament field, but BYU and Saint Mary’s still have work to do according to The Athletic’s Eamonn Brennan.
- Speaking of BYU, star forward Yoeli Childs won’t be available for the trip to Gonzaga on Saturday due to his finger injury, which is a massive bummer. Hope he recovers quickly.
- Before Duke’s loss to Clemson, Matt Norlander of CBS Sports made the case for each of Baylor, Gonzaga, and the Blue Devils to have the No. 1 ranking.
- Johnathan Williams has had an interesting season after the Lakers waived him in the summer, to landing in Israel during the fall, which took him to the Washington Wizards at the end of 2019. Despite the winding road basketball is taking him on, Williams has maintained a healthy perspective on his basketball journey.