Gonzaga Bulldogs junior forward Rui Hachimura was recently named to the second team AP All-American. He was almost joined by fellow junior forward Brandon Clarke, who was named to the third team.
Rui averaged 20.1 points and 6.6 rebounds per game, and he garnered 207 points, the most of the second team. It was not enough to join the ranks of the first team, made up of Zion Williamson, Grand Williams, RJ Barret, Ja Morant, and Cassius Winston.
It is completely fair to say that the AP voters full blown snubbed Brandon Clarke, who was only named to the third team, despite averaging 16.5 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 3.1 rebounds per game.
Here is a small list of things Brandon Clarke did better than anyone in college:
- He led the NCAA in blocks.
- He led the NCAA in field goal percentage.
- He had the top offensive rating in the NCAA.
- He had the top defensive rating in the NCAA.
- He had the highest win shares in the NCAA.
- He had the highest box plus/minus in the NCAA.
Here is a small list of things Brandon Clarke did incredibly well, but not better than anyone in college:
- His Player Efficiency Rating of 37.0 was second in the NCAA.
- His effective field goal percentage was second in the NCAA.
- His true shooting percentage was fifth in the NCAA.
- His two-point field goal percentage was eighth in the NCAA.
You can view the players of all three teams here.