Gonzaga’s performance at the Battle 4 Atlantis resulted in a quiet week of content churn out related to it (which is why you come here for all your Gonzaga content, right? RIGHT?!), which isn’t surprising considering how the final game against Michigan went down and the other notable events taking place around the college basketball universe over the last week. In any event, here’s what was said about Gonzaga from the corners of the interwebs:
- Jackson Frank of The Athletic breaks down the film of Gonzaga’s loss to Michigan and analyzes what went wrong and whether there should be long-term concern about the mistakes made by the Zags.
- Jeff Borzello’s Power Rankings at ESPN sees the Zags drop down a spot to 8 after the B4A, and Borzello highlights Gonzaga’s lack of backcourt depth rearing its head in the Bahamas as an area of concern.
- The Zags fall out of the top spot in The Other Top 25 rankings over at Mid-Major Madness after strong Feast Week showings by San Diego State (Continental Tire Invitational) and Dayton (Maui Invitational) saw them leapfrog past Gonzaga.
- In recruiting news, 2020 signee Julian Strawther scored 48 points in his HS season opener last night. Is that any good? Jalen Suggs left a lasting impression on the Minnesota high school athletics scene. Fresh Focus Sports put together a docuseries following Dominick Harris through his senior season of prep hoops. It’s well worth your time and will give you a great look at Gonzaga’s next generation. Episode 1 and episode 2 are already available on YouTube.
- David Gardner wrote a great feature on 2021 recruiting target Chet Holmgren, who has experienced a meteoric rise in the recruiting rankings after toiling in anonymity for the first half of his prep career.