It’s a long week of waiting for fans as the Zags knock out their final exams between Pac-12 road games.
- Gonzaga moved up three spots to No. 5 on Jeff Borzello’s ESPN Power Rankings after the win at Washington, with Joel Ayayi’s emergence providing a major boost for the Zags.
- In a profile of Corey Kispert for The Athletic, Jackson Frank explores the wide array of sources that the junior forward tapped into over the summer in his journey to improve his game. Kispert connected with the NBA’s leading three point shooter last season, leaned on regular workouts with Admon Gilder and Eric McClellan, and worked tirelessly to improve every aspect of his offensive game to handle the role that was awaiting him this season.
- Rui Hachimura’s rapid development in such a short period of time for the Washington Wizards highlights his ever-evolving understanding and feel for the game, and portends a bright future in the league.
- The SI staff picked winners for 13 of the biggest games this week in college basketball, and were pretty split on how Gonzaga v. Arizona will go down.
- For the Seattle Times, Percy Allen wonders whether the Huskies will ever snap their losing streak to Gonzaga.
- The Spokesman-Review checks in on Jeremy Pargo who is back playing hoops stateside in the NBA G-League where he has turned in some eye catching performances of late.