The first week of games has been easy sailing for the Zags, and with significant stories swirling elsewhere around college basketball (looking at you Memphis), it has been a light week of Gonzaga coverage in non-SSF territory.
- Gonzaga remains at the top spot of Mid-Major Madness’s “Other Top 25” Rankings, and should remain comfortably ensconced at that position following Saint Mary’s epic fail this week at home against Winthrop.
- Will Maupin resumes his column for Inlander with an examination of how Gonzaga’s new faces are faring through the start of the season.
- Kentucky’s loss to Evansville on Tuesday night caused a lot of disruption to Gary Parrish’s Top 25 and 1 rankings, where Gonzaga is situated at #8.
- For some unknown reason, ESPN has Joe Lunardi spitting out bracket predictions in November. He currently has Gonzaga in the Midwest region as a #3 seed, which it allows it to play its opening weekend games in Spokane which would be positively awesome.
- Dominick Harris and Julian Strawther make their commitments to Gonzaga official as they each signed their NLIs on Signing Day.
✍ .. pic.twitter.com/MF7S4xo5QR— Dominick Harris ♂️ (@DominickHarri2) November 13, 2019
time to make it official ... ✍ pic.twitter.com/T5Nz0TBhfA— ✞ Julian Strawther ✞ (@JulianStrawther) November 13, 2019