Greetings from Chicago, where the wind chill is -50 and I can barely feel my face! Gonzaga didn’t get too much content love over the last week, though with only one game on the schedule that wasn’t too surprising. However, it looks like the coaching staff took advantage of the bye by hopping on the recruiting trail to check in on Drew Timme, Jalen Suggs, Julian Strawther:
- Kendra Andrews wrote a great feature for The Athletic on the patience that Killian Tillie has been forced to develop thanks to the injuries that ended his sophomore campaign, and delayed the start of this season.
- In his first NBA mock draft of the season, The Athletic’s Sam Vecenie projects three Gonzaga forwards to be taken in the first 28 picks.
- Former Zag, Ira Brown, has been back in Spokane to surgically repair and rehab a knee injury that he sustained while playing with Rui Hachimura for the Japanese national team in September.
- SB Nation’s Chris Dobbertean still has the Zags on the 2-line in the West region with opening weekend games in Salt Lake City. Tennessee is the projected 1-seed in that regional.
- On the women’s side, ESPN’s latest bracketology prediction has Gonzaga as a 5-seed in the Portland regional. If Lisa Fortier’s team can climb into a top-4 seed, they would be in line to host the opening weekend.