The Zags are only in action once this weekend, so use that unwanted spare time to catch up on the latest on your favorite basketball team from around the web.
- Mark Few discussed Gonzaga’s latest incarnation of the jumbo lineup with Jim Meehan of The Spokesman-Review. In the article, he remarked that while Tillie, Rui, and Clarke will play together moving forward, he doesn’t plan to use it that much unless the defensive effectiveness improves.
- Gonzaga student Jackson Frank wrote a fantastic feature on Brandon Clarke for The Gonzaga Bulletin, and if you haven’t already, I urge you all to read it.
- Over at Bleacher Report, Kerry Miller posed a question that has been asked many times over the years: Could [insert mid-major school] become the next Gonzaga? This time it’s Buffalo that is being offered as the next iteration of the Zags. While the Bulls have been impressive throughout this season, Tuesday night’s upset loss on the road to Northern Illinois is not the best way to maintain that comparison.
- Gary Parrish has the Zags at No. 3 in his latest Power Rankings for CBS Sports behind only Tennessee and Virginia.
- After just missing out on a triple-double with a 30-point, 13 rebound, and 8 assist performance, Brock Ravet is on the cusp of securing the all-time scoring record for the state of Washington.
- Jack Beach has taken on the mantle of being Gonzaga’s “handshake guy” and is crushing it in that role.
- NCAA.com did a short video feature on Rui’s journey to playing basketball in the U.S. at Gonzaga.
- Rui and Clarke are both listed as first round picks at No. 17 and No. 24 respectively in NBC Sports’ most recent NBA mock draft.