Good stuff all around this week as several recruits were acknowledged for their play, and we were gifted several video interviews with a handful of Zags for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!
- Gonzaga put some figurative distance between it and USF over at Mid-Major Madness’s WCC Power Rankings after last weekend’s win over USF.
- Killian Tillie chatted with NCAA.com’s Andy Katz to discuss his return from his injury, and how his parents visits have coincided with his injuries during his time at Gonzaga.
- Jeff Borzello talked to some coaches to see where each of the top 5 teams in the country could use some reinforcements. For Gonzaga, the biggest “need” was simply continued health now that Tillie and Crandall have returned.
- Joe Boozell of NCAA.com does a deep dive into what Tillie’s return means for Gonzaga’s championship aspirations and how Few will work Tillie back into the rotation as his conditioning improves over the coming weeks.
- Drew Timme and Anton Watson were nominated for a place on the 2019 McDonald’s All-American rosters.
- After the USF game on Saturday night, Rui Hachimura and Brandon Clarke did fun, rapid fire interviews with SI Kids reporter Max Bonnstetter wherein we learn that Clarke is the best Fortnite player on the team and Rui correctly answers that Michael Jordan is the GOAT.
Thanks @ZagMBB @rui_8mura for a great interview! @NBA star in the making #Gonzaga @SIKids @SInow pic.twitter.com/8whvJVEAZV— Max (@maxhoopssports) January 13, 2019
Rapid fire with @ZagMBB @brandonclarke23 -24 points and 9 rebounds in a great game vs @USFDonsMBB @SIKids @SInow pic.twitter.com/EqeT5lhWhq— Max (@maxhoopssports) January 13, 2019
- 2020 commit Dominick Harris had a strong performance over the weekend in a nationally televised game against Memphis East and James Wiseman, the #1 player in the 2019 class. If you missed it, Harris even had his dunk over Wiseman claim the top spot in SportsCenter’s play of the day. It’s safe to say that Gonzaga’s future is quite bright...
Game high 27 points ✅@SportsCenter #1 play ✅— Who's Next (@WhosNextHS) January 12, 2019
Team win ✅
Safe to say it was a good night for Gonzaga commit Dominick Harris #UnitedWeZag@DominickHarri2 @rchshoops pic.twitter.com/yo3pJMpHPD