It’s rivalry Wednesday and another big week for the Zags!
- Jeremy Jones has a great story, so it’s not surprising that he continues to be a go-to source for featured stories with various outlets. This time, Kendra Andrews of The Athletic examines his decision to trade in his football cleats for basketball sneakers, a decision which led him to Gonzaga.
- In the second volume of their Power 68 Rankings, the staff over at The Athletic elected the Zags to occupy the top spot in the field, thanks in large part to owning the single best win of the season so far—the win over Duke in the Maui Invitational final.
- The Huskies bring a senior-laden team to The Kennel on Wednesday night, but as Jim Meehan points out, the recent history in this rivalry has been very one-sided in favor of the Zags.
- The Seattle Times called on some former Huskies to provide an oral history about their upset over Adam Morrison’s Zags back in 2005, the only win for UW in the last 12 games of this series.
- The Zags remain on top of Mid-Major Madness’ Power Rankings, while San Francisco has grabbed hold of the second spot.
- Jeff Goodman had Adam Morrison on his podcast last week, and Morrison was great. He shared some fun stories about Mark Few, his take on the current crop of Zags, and shared his war stories from his coast-to-coast battle with JJ Redick that captivated the college basketball world. The episode is about an hour long and definitely worth your time.
- Speaking of Goodman, he tried his hand at an NBA mock draft, and placed three Zags in the first round. Rui slotted in at No. 7 to Boston, Killian Tillie at No. 27 to Philadelphia, and Brandon Clarke right behind him at No. 28 to Milwaukee.
- The Tennessee Volunteers have a full week off to prepare for the Zags, and they’re spending that time focusing on self-improvement.