- This is the fifth all-time meeting between the two schools, with Gonzaga winning the last three.
- Gonzaga has met Xavier in the NCAA Tournament before. The Zags needed 35 points from Adam Morrison to push past a No. 14 seeded Xavier squad in 2006.
- This is the third Elite Eight game for both schools, with each school looking for its first Final Four. Xavier, like Gonzaga, also owns 27 tournament wins in school history.
- Both of Gonzaga's previous Elite Eight appearances have come against the eventual national championship winner (Duke in 2015, Connecticut in 1999).
- The Zags sit at 35 wins on the season, tying the school record set in 2014-15.
Most importantly, go Zags!