The Zags are #1 and everything is wonderful! Here’s what we have for you this week:
- In case you missed it, the start time of the game at Saint Mary’s on February 11 has been moved up from 7pm to 5:15pm PT, and will now air on ESPN. It was originally scheduled to air on ESPN2.
- Over at the mothership’s weekly bracketology update, the Zags were finally bumped up to the #1 seed line in the West region, with Kentucky dropping down to the 2-line.
- Bucking the trend of #EastCoastBias, the New York Times wrote this week that Gonzaga deserves respect, and the folks over at the Washington Post agreed in their article breaking down why the Zags deserve the #1 ranking.
- Gonzaga’s team chemistry is always one of its biggest strengths, and the unusually strong bonds that are the trademark of the program are evident once again with the current squad.
- Sports Illustrated thinks the Zags could be #1 in their Power Rankings for a long time.
- As a preview for BYU fans, Deseret lists 10 things to know about the Zags, and the game on Thursday night will be the first time BYU has ever hosted the #1 ranked team in the country.