It’s been a quiet week as the players enjoyed some time off for the holidays. However, the break hasn’t stopped the Gonzaga coverage around the web. Here’s what was written about the Zags:
- Corey Kispert’s grandfather made a strong push for him to pursue a career as a quarterback. Luckily for us, Corey chose the hardwood over the gridiron.
- We don’t get to hear much from Johnathan Williams. This excellent profile from Brian Bennett of The Athletic (subscription required) explains that it’s simply not a task that comes naturally to him. Growing up, Williams had to overcome a speech impediment that made him the object of bullying as a child. Despite that adversity, Williams has made himself a more vocal leader in his role as one of the team’s seniors and stars.
- With the focus now turning to our WCC foes, the Spokesman-Review quickly previewed the conference.
- And if you’ve been reading our site, you already know that Andy Patton has done a great job of keeping us up-to-date with how the WCC teams have been performing throughout the season. Andy even highlighted a few players we should be looking out for.
- Myron Medcalf of ESPN highlights Saint Mary’s poise as the potential defining element that could determine who takes the WCC crown this season.
- In his latest power rankings, Jeff Borzello still doesn’t know what to make of Gonzaga.