The biggest news of the day is that the Zags are the only undefeated team remaining at the Division 1 level following Baylor’s loss at West Virginia last night. Let that sink in, enjoy it, and long may it continue!
- Gonzaga’s (too early to talk about) run at a perfect record is one of the biggest stories in college basketball so far.
- It’s hard to juggle being a full-time student while also playing high level Division 1 athletics. But, the Zags do it well.
- Jim Meehan wrote a great piece on the skills and production Zach Collins has brought to Gonzaga and also shared a fun interview with Zach wherein we learn the unsurprising news that Rem Bakamus is the team’s best prankster as well as which guys have the best voices on the team.
- A little early in my book to be looking at bracketology but FanRag Sports pegs Gonzaga as one of the most likely teams to end up with a #1 seed in light of its remaining scheduled. Can’t say I disagree with that conclusion.
- Austin Meek wrote a really good profile on Bud Withers’ recently released book, Glory Hounds, which pulls the curtain back on the ascension of the Gonzaga basketball program.
- The Gonzaga-Saint Mary’s tilt this weekend is Sports Illustrated’s game of the week.
Next on the schedule:
Men’s Basketball: 1/12 v. Loyola Marymount at 6pm (PT)
Women’s Basketball: 1/12 @Loyola Marymount at 7pm (PT)