Happy WCC Tournament Final Day! I know we're all anxious to get tonight's game underway, so here's some Zag news to help you pass the time.
- Zach Collins talked to SWX about what attracted him to committing to Gonzaga, and his experience watching the Zags play in Vegas at the WCC Tournament. There's lots of good stuff in the video, so make sure to check it out.
- John Blanchette of the Spokesman-Review wrote a good piece on Silas Melson, and the work he's done to get his season turned around.
- And dipping back into the Blanchette pool, he did a great job recapping last night's win while setting the stage for tonight's final.
- CBS Sports' Gary Parrish makes a case for Gonzaga's inclusion as an at-large team because they are one of the best 36 teams in the nation. But, his conclusion is what we've all known for some time. The Zags must beat SMC or likely miss out on the dance.
- Andy Katz and Myron Medcalf of ESPN briefly discuss what the team from Moraga must do to beat the Zags tonight. Neither one of them said there's nothing SMC can do, so I'm discounting their opinions.
- In a separate piece, Katz and Medcalf also discussed Gonzaga's route to an at-large bid. Since then, the bubble has gotten more crowded due to the losses of Wichita State, Monmouth, and Valparaiso in their respective conference tournaments. Let's just win tonight.
- In case you missed it, Ryan Edwards is out for the WCC Final with an MCL sprain.
- Lunardi's latest updated bracketology report from today still has the Zags among the "First Four Out."
- ESPN lists Zach Norvell as a "sleeper" to look out for next season in Gonzaga's recruiting class, as the Chicago-product could make an immediate impact in the 2016-2017 season. Norvell, and his Simeon team, will play in their sectional semifinals tonight.