There's a lot of Zach Collins stuff in this week's Zag Briefing. Have at it!
- After the Syracuse game, the Zags could only speak of how much they enjoyed playing with one another. It was clear on the HBO show how much the guys cared for one another, and Jim Meehan's article really captures their kinship well.
- Nice piece from Stefanie Loh of The Seattle Times, capturing the mood in the locker room following the Sweet 16, and taking a quick glimpse at what's ahead.
- The Chicago Tribune published an article on Zach Collins who is in town for the McDonald's All-American game. Collins has yet to meet fellow Class of 2016 recruit, Zach Norvell, but plans to do so when they get to Spokane this summer for July workouts. Collins also admires Kelly Olynyk's development during his time as a Bulldog.
- Some news regarding incoming-recruit Rui Hachimura. There have been some questions regarding whether Hachimura would re-classify for 2017 or come in with the rest of the 2016 class. Definitely something to keep an eye on over the next few weeks. AST in the tweet below is for the Albert Schweitzer Tournament, an international world championship for U-18 teams. Hachimura is not on Japan's roster for the tournament.
Questions still for Rui Hachimura if he'll pass tests to get into Gonzaga. Hopefully he's hitting books hard instead of coming to #AST2016— David Hein (@heinnews) March 28, 2016
- Zach Collins spoke to Josh Gerson of Scout.com about his senior season, winning the Nevada Gatorade Player of the Year, what he loves about Gonzaga's style of play, and what areas of his game he'd like to work on next.
There were quite a few takes on Collins during the first workout yesterday for the McD AAs. Here are just a few:
Gonzaga signee Zach Collins played well today. Finished at the rim. Very good touch. Made jumpers.— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) March 28, 2016
The lower ranked guy who impressed me was Zach Collins (Gonzaga). When he puts 15-20 pounds on, he's going to be a serious problem.— Jonathan Tjarks (@JonathanTjarks) March 28, 2016
Gonzaga commit Zach Collins has been very productive this morning. The big man has some pick and pop jumpers and finished near the hoop.— Scott Phillips (@phillipshoops) March 28, 2016
#Gonzaga commit C Zach Collins running floor w ease. Several put back dunks and transition finishes in 5 on 5. Impressive— Scott Burgess (@scottybscout) March 28, 2016