More fun Gonzaga stuff in the news for your reading consumption below. Also, don't forget that HBO's "Gonzaga: The March to Madness" premieres tonight on HBO (obviously) at 10pm ET/PT. Make sure to tune in! If you don't have HBO, shmooze off a friend that does. And, in case you can't wait, here's a sneak peek of tonight's first episode:
- ESPN Draft Insider Chad Ford released his most recent draft Big Board in which he places Domantas Sabonis as the 23rd best prospect. Domas moves up 7 spots from Ford's previous draft rankings, where he was listed at No. 30. Ford had this to say about Sabonis:
Sabonis has been a double-double machine for Gonzaga. He has one of the highest basketball IQs of anyone in the country. He's shooting a terrific 73 percent in the paint and 47 percent on 2-point jumpers. But will his lack of length and athleticism stunt his production in the NBA? That's the question.
- Fran Fraschilla was in Toronto on Friday for the NBA's Basketball without Borders event, and dished out an unsolicited compliment for Zag recruit Rui Hachimura
Really fun day @NBA Basketball Without Borders Camp in Toronto. A number of potential future picks here. And Gonzaga recruit Hachimura solid— Fran Fraschilla (@franfraschilla) February 12, 2016
- "W" and Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett were in the building for our game against SMU on Saturday night. The Mustangs played some of their best ball of the season, which may have been spurred on by a pep talk from our nation's 43rd President.
- Lunardi's latest bracketology projection has the Zags as a #9 seed in the West region, matched up with #8 Cal.
- Sports Illustrated's Michael Beller releases his latest tournament projections which has the Zags as an 11-seed in the Midwest region with an opening game against USC, and a prospective second-round matchup against UNC. Beller also has the team from Moraga as one of his first four out. I would be very pleased with this outcome.
- The mothership's latest bracketology has the Zags as a 12-seed in the Midwest region, paired against Notre Dame. I'm sure they're just setting us up to get the 5-12 upset...
- Illinois preps hoop reporter, Joe Henricksen, writes a very complimentary paragraph about 2016 recruit Zach Norvell's strong senior season for Simeon Career Academy.