There wasn’t a whole lot of Gonzaga stuff to be found around the interwebs over the past week with the rest of college basketball in full swing, but here’s the best we could find:
- Gonzaga’s student-athletes rank third in the NCAA (1st in the WCC) with a 98% graduation success rate. Gonzaga only trails Harvard and Loyola Chicago who both have a 99% grad rate. This is a very impressive achievement and says a lot about the quality of student-athletes at GU.
- Orlando has been very friendly to Gonzaga as covered by Jim Meehan of the Spokesman-Review in his article.
- The folks over at The Ringer examined OKC’s big bet on Domantas Sabonis
- Following offseason shoulder surgery, Kelly Olynyk was glad he didn’t rush his return from rehab.
- Jeff Goodman at ESPN has the Zags at #9 in his latest power rankings, up 8 spots from their previous power ranking of #17. Here’s what Goodman had to say:
Here's the thing with the Zags: We didn't realize their quality frontcourt depth. Przemek Karnowski is back healthy and leads the team in scoring (14.7) and rebounding (7.0). However, it's the immediate impact of freshmen Zach Collins (14.0 PPG, 6.0 RPG) and Killian Tillie -- who had eight points and 10 boards in a win over San Diego State -- that make this team a legitimate top-10 club.
- espnW moved the Lady Zags to #2 in its Mid-Major power rankings after knocking off the Stanford Cardinal in Palo Alto.
Enjoy this clip of Kevin Pangos going coast to coast to beat the buzzer
Next on the schedule:
Men’s Basketball: 11/24 Quinnipiac (3:30 pm PT)
Women’s Basketball: 11/24 Michigan (5:00 pm PT)