I'm looking for a preview and some pre-game predictions on the Portland game tonight. I see this a huge game for both our psyche and our potential WCC tournament seed. We are tied with Portland, one back of San Francisco and Santa Clara, and 2 behind St. Fairys. Fortunately we have both SF and SCU at home, but we still have to play at St. Marys. We should take absolutely nothing for granted tonight, or for any of the rest of our road games.Having said that, I actually really like the ZAGS tonight in this match-up. The key will be the battle of the bigs. If we can control the boards and score inside, we should handle this game. In the game at the MAC, our bigs got pushed around a bit, thankfully we built a big lead early and were able to make plays late. In that game though we had no Dower Power. Hopefully few will get him his minutes tonight as he has been our best player the last two games. Steve should handle stohl and manny or keita should shut down their other scoring guard. Personally, I would like to see this starting 5 today.
1. Stockton--he's just flat better than Meech right now.
2. Steve--Steve is steve and will always be steve
3. Morninghoff--Manny and keita quickly if portland gets off to a hot shooting start
4. Dower Power--he looks better in the post then Elias, and can flat out score
5. Sacre--big man needs to be solid tonight.
Let me know what you guys think. Also pray the refs swallow their whistle and at least allow us to touch the Portland players.